Accomplished Brooklyn Uber and Lyft Accident Lawyer Defending NYC Commuters
Are you worried that insurance companies are not paying their fair share of your rideshare injury bills? Legal advice from an experienced Brooklyn Uber and Lyft accident lawyer ensures that your rights remain intact. For more than 25 years, the Law Offices of Frederic S. Masure has recovered millions on behalf of negligently injured passengers throughout New York City, helping them pay for medical expenses, lost wages, and more.
Injury settlements are subject to interpretation, and liable parties may have undervalued your claim significantly. However, they and, more importantly, you will not know that information until a no-cost evaluation of the facts takes place. Put your mind at ease by scheduling a free consultation for a no-obligation visit, either remotely or in person.
Negligent Rideshare Drivers Can Afford to Pay for Your Losses
You can demand the fairest settlements when settling a rideshare accident injury claim with companies like Uber and Lyft. Even if the driver was not logged into the app at the time, they must still possess a personal insurance policy. As such, you most likely have more options than you realize when it comes to getting the outcome you want or deserve.
Under NY Transportation Network Company Service Law § 1693, Uber, Lyft, and rideshare drivers in general require the following insurance limits:
- Logged into the app, taking new clients: At least $50,000/passenger and $100,000/occurrence provided by the rideshare company
- Trip accepted and at time of drop off: At least $1,000,000/trip provided by the rideshare company
- Driver not logged into the app: Subject to the driver’s personal motor vehicle insurance policy limits
The legal team at the Law Offices of Frederic S. Masure understands the intricate complexities and nuances of rideshare accident claims against drivers, Uber/Lyft, insurers, and other liable third parties. Whether you were a passenger, bystander, or other motorist, our Brooklyn Uber and Lyft accident lawyer will help you sort out the details of liability, negligence, and damages so that you can focus on your health and well-being.
Learn More About Your Options and Rights
Gain peace of mind as soon as today and run your situation by the experienced and award-winning Brooklyn Uber and Lyft accident lawyer at the Law Offices of Frederic S. Masure. Schedule your free, in-person or remote consultation with our legal at your earliest convenience.
You Deserve a Fair Settlement Under New York Law
The devil is in the details when it comes to determining the fairness of a rideshare settlement since several rules and statutes apply. For instance, under New York Insurance Law § 2601, insurers must “effectuate prompt, fair and equitable settlements” to people with reasonable claims. However, this law also requires you to prove that you have a reasonable claim during negotiations if your expectations differ from the insurance company’s opinion.
If their facts are incorrect or they miscalculate your damages, you may want to hire our Brooklyn Uber and Lyft accident lawyer to help you obtain civil justice that affords you:
- Medical expenses: Emergency room visits, ambulance rides, prescription drug costs, follow-up visits, physical therapy, future medical care, surgeries, prosthetics, medical devices, and other medical expenses
- Lost wages and benefits: Personal time off used, lost retirement benefits, and future lost earning capacity
- Pain and suffering: For mental anguish suffered, lost enjoyment of life, loss of consortium, and embarrassment
- Punitive damages: For grossly negligent accidents and are rarely ever awarded
- Wrongful death awards: For surviving family members affected by the loss of life
- Survival action awards: For the estate after a wrongful death based on the damages incurred after the accident and before the time of death
- Unfair practices claims: Compensates you if the insurance company engages in unfair settlement practices that cause you harm throughout the process
- Other recoverable losses: Accessibility modifications to your home and car, filing fees, and other recoverable losses afforded to you under New York State law
The Law Offices of Frederic S. Masure will help you investigate, document, and negotiate a fair settlement equivalent to your losses under civil law. If liable parties continue to dodge the facts, count on us to take your case to trial if necessary and at your discretion. Our legal team stands strong in obtaining civil justice for our clients and will remain by your side while leaving you charge of decision-making.
An Experienced Brooklyn Uber/Lyft Accident Lawyer with No Retainer
All clients receive our legal services at no upfront retainer, only paying us for our time and resources when we win your case on contingency fees. Most clients seek to maximize their settlements and civil awards where possible. As such, the Brooklyn Uber/Lyft accident lawyer at the Law Offices of Frederic S. Masure also help clients balance the cost and benefit of achieving potential results.
That means, our legal team will deliver legal services at no upfront cost, including:
- Free consultations
- Ongoing advice and counsel
- Investigatory resources
- Rideshare accident claims experience
- Deadline and correspondence management
- Claim negotiation skills
- Civil trial tactics
- In-person and remote visits
- Contingency fees
- Prompt updates about your case
- And more
Aside from the legal capabilities afforded to our clients, the Law Offices of Frederic S. Masure goes the extra mile when it comes to providing empathetic and compassionate services. We understand that it is embarrassing to discuss certain injuries or review medical records, but we assure you that you and your loved ones will be treated with the dignity and respect you deserve throughout the time you work with our firm.
The Law Offices of Frederic S. Masure Offers Free Consultations
You do not have to face this moment alone. Find out what options are available to you by discussing your potential case with a Brooklyn Uber and Lyft accident lawyer. Call The Law Offices of Frederic S. Masure to schedule your free, in-person or remote consultation today.